Harvest Festival and Hiking
from August 20 - September 10, 2016, 1 week 1/2 board in double-bed room (depending upon room type) from € 371.00 per person
from September 10 - October 15, 2016, 7 nights 1/2 board in double-bed room (depending upon room type) from € 357.00 per person
All Prices are starting prices and depend upon time frame (Pre-Season, Peak-Season, Off-Season, or specific week) and room type.
Price for an extra bed in Double Room Type B, from € 15.00 per day
Autumn, the best time for hiking, with over 30 alpine cabins offering regional food and drink, over 220 km (136 miles) of marked trails - outside of the town or high-altitude hiking up the mountains, Harvest Festival events like watching the cattle and livestock come down from the mountain pastures, hill festivals, heritage evenings and parades (check the calendar of events).
The motto for Harvest Festival 2016 is “Herbs, Wild Flowers & Medicinal Plants”.
Harvest Festival Event Highlights
Sunday, August 28, 2016: Worship service at 9:30 a.m. in front of the town hall in Hüttschlag (in case of bad weahter inside the parish church). Afterwards Hüttschlag Fair and Harvest Festival openeing party in the town center from Hüttschlag
Sunday, September 11, 2016: Sheep shearing and farm festival with live music at Hotel Lammwirt.
Sunday, September 25, 2016: Harvest Festival celebrations in Grossarl including a worship service in the parking lot next to the valley gondola station. Festive parade of all local heritage groups and the harvest wagon with the harvest crown. (In case bad weather, the service will be held inside the parish church). Followed by the Rupertifest fair in the market squeare from Grossarl.
Sunday, October 02, 2016: Harvest Festival celebration in Hüttschlag with worship service – outdoor mass, parade of all local heritage groups and the harvest wagon with the harvest crown (in case of bad weahter inside the parish church).
...Included Services for 1/2 Board Summer
- Room with bathroom and shower, vanity mirror, hair dryer, telephone, radio, satellite TV, some rooms with balcony.
- Meals and Beverages: welcome drink, breakfast buffet, juice and granola bar, salad buffet with cold appetizers, soup, set dinner menus, selection of one to two desserts, cheese tray from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m..
- Spa: approx. 500 m² , large indoor swimming pool (approx. 75 m²/28° C), sauna, herbal sauna, infrared sauna, massage chair, roman steam bath, resting room, water/tea/juice, towels, luxury shower, sunroom, fitness area with exercise equipment.
- Game room: (approx. 150 m²) 2 ping pong tables, foosball, Play Stations, playhouse, television, darts.
- Playground with swings, sandbox, petting zoo, trampoline, go-karts and other playground equipment